It’s back to school time! While I’m not on campus this semester I am completing my clinical rotations so with that I wanted to share with you what I take with me every day.
I have wanted a Barrington bag after seeing Kate from Lonestar Southern post about hers when I was a junior or senior in college. As a college student I know I wasn’t about to drop nearly $200 on a tote bag so I set a goal. I told myself that I would treat myself that I would buy one when I finished the academic portion of my program. This seemed like a perfect compromise, all of their totes look so put together and it would be the perfect bag to take with me as I started becoming a professional.
I bought the St. Anne Zippered Tote. The zipper is a little more but I prefer the having a bag that closes so I know my stuff isn’t going to fall out! I opted for the patch and the pattern I got was stone chambray with brown leather.
What I Carry with Me
- Wallet/keys: these ones are pretty self explanatory, I’m not getting too far without either of them!
- My name tag: I used to keep my name tag in the smallest pocket of my backpack but now it stays in the middle pocket of my tote. I usually take it off as I’m walking out the front door because I’ve gotten used to washing my scrubs every night and I just know if I don’t take it off immediately it’s going through the washer.
- A small notebook: during my first two or three weeks I would put it in the pockets of my pants so I could write down any questions I had. Now I typically keep it in my bag and write down anything I need to at lunch time or again before I leave.
- Agenda: it’s no secret I love my Lilly planner however I haven’t relied on it as much as I did when I was in the classroom. This year I switched to the version that has to-do lists and I definitely think that was the right choice!
- Pencil case: for my pens and highlighters. I have so many colors of each it would look like something exploded in my purse if I didn’t keep them all together.
- Masks: something I never would’ve though I’d be stashing in my bag had you asked me a year ago. I have a cloth mask I keep in the zippered pocket along with some hand sanitizer.
- Laptop: I don’t need to bring my laptop in to my site however it fits perfectly in my Barrington bag and I’ve brought it into work if I have a half hour/hour for lunch if I have things to do.
- Flashcards: I recently got some flashcards to help me study for the NPTE, the PT board exam. These are something I don’t keep in my bag every day however like my laptop I’ll bring it into work if I have a longer lunch break. I haven’t created a study schedule as it’s nearly a year away but I do like reviewing them if I have a little extra time.
Another thing for all my ladies who like saving money: Barrington is having a Labor Day Sale!
That’s it for what I take along with me every day! What do you keep in your work/school bag?