Here is the soundtrack for today’s post! I am obsessed with the music in Animal Kingdom, I think it’s so unique!
We’ve made it to the last park! Disney’s Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parts of Disney World! From the Maharajah Jungle Trek to Expedition Everest, Animal Kingdom is definitely underrated. The last time I was at Disney, Pandora was still under construction so I cannot wait to explore!
What to Ride
- Expedition Everest- Legend of the Forbidden Mountain: my favorite ride at Animal Kingdom! Although the line is usually pretty long, the queue has tons of artifacts from Nepal. This is another ride that has a single rider line option but I don’t think it’s quite as fast as the one for Test Track. The ride itself is an absolute thrill! It even feels like you’re going upside-down. I remember one year talking about how it felt like we were upside-down and a Cast Member explained to me the different types of seat belts and how they tell you if you go upside down. Those cast members, always going the extra mile!
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: Simba-1, come in Simba-1! Thai is a ride you can’t miss! While its not a thrill ride in the traditional sense, there is an intriguing story line and the ride is never the exact same as you are passing through a savanna with real animals. Let me know if you see the lions doing anything cool, I’ve only seen them lounging around!
- Kali River Rapids: A ride that can ruin the rest of your day if you aren’t in the right seat! You have the potential to get drenched on this ride which adds to the thrill. If you end up going backward down the hill people will comment on how wet you are. One year my Dad and I went on this are were the unlucky two and other people in our boat were saying how they may be wet but at least they weren’t us!
- Primeval Whirl: This is a wild mouse type rollercoaster and if you’ve ever been on Goofy’s Sky School (formerly known as Mulholland Madness) you’ll love this one. The cars even spin while they are going through the track!
- Dinosaur: this ride used to freak me out and not going to lie… the T-Rex still does. This ride is loud with flashing lights and dinosaurs that if they were real would not hesitate to eat you. You can’t miss it though! Just make sure you don’t come home with a guest!
- It’s Tough To Be A Bug: if the wait is less than twenty minutes I definitely recommend stopping by but I am not this show’s biggest fan. I’ve seen this show so many times and the bugs still creep me out!
Where to Eat
- Tusker House Restaurant: this is my favorite place to eat at Animal Kingdom! It’s my mom’s favorite too! While they have a lot of fancy food like peri peri salmon and basmati rice and curry chicken you will always find me in the kid’s line for the corn dog nuggets and mac and cheese. Yes, in my opinion the best food at Tusker House is the corn dog nuggets and I would make a reservation just to eat them. What can I say, I’m easy to please. My favorite dessert there is this cute little chocolate cup with pink frosting in it and a little chocolate straw.
- Pizzafari: they have a table service and quick service option although I have only been to the quick service side. I would definitely recommend Pizzafari if you’re looking for a quick bite to eat!
- Restaurantosaurus: Another quick service tucked away in DinoLand U.S.A. This is another great place to grab some food when you’re looking for something quick!
- Anandapur Ice Cream Truck: who can resist stopping for ice cream when it’s easily over 100 degrees?
- Maharajah Jungle Trek and Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail: These are some of my favorite parts of Animal Kingdom! I love walking through and seeing all of the animals, it really feels like you’re walking through Asia or Africa.
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch: home of the Affection Section and Conservation Station. This is another really interesting part of Animal Kingdom. It’s a short ride on the Wildlife Express Train to get there and it’s so worth it! Up until our last trip I had wanted to be a veterinarian and I was always fascinated by the section where you can see vets doing procedures. The coolest thing I’ve ever seen was them working on a turtle whose shell was broken but I’ve seen people writing online that they’ve seen sheep being neutered, a bird’s wing getting clipped, and one person even saw a lion! While looking into what other people have seen I saw a tip, go early in the morning and ask a Cast Member at the translation to radio and ask what the schedule is for the day. They also have a petting zoo!
- Festival of the Lion King: A show you have to see at least once! The performers are amazing and it’s such a great show! My favorite part was the aerial performers, they are incredible!!
- The Tree of Life: take a few moments to notice all of the different animals carved in the tree! Every time you take a look you may find a new one!
- Wilderness Explorers: While I’ve never done this I had to include it because I love Up! and… the wilderness must be explored! I have done the Kim Possible missions in Epcot (now Perry the Platypus) but if the Wilderness Explorers are anything like Kim Possible you have to check it out!
Have a magical day!