Happy Banned Books Week! This week I wanted to give you a rundown of my favorite “most challenged” books! Each of these books appears on the list of Top 100 Banned/Challenged Books. If you wanted to learn a little bit more about each book open up the PDF version of this post and I have linked the GoodReads Page to each cover art option.
I feel like I have been turning into a bookstagram lately but I promise there is a style post coming your way this weekend! I am still working on a post of my Disney trip which will also be up by Columbus Day weekend!
Here are my honorable mentions for other banned books I have read:
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou
- Go Ask Alice, by Anonymous
- To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
- Bridge To Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson
- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Things They Carried, by Tim O’Brien
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, by Mildred Taylor
- The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold
- Black Boy, by Richard Wright
Let me know what your favorite banned book is!