This is the time of year for goals and resolutions, but my focus in 2020 is a mantra.
I am vibrating higher.
You may be asking, what does that even mean. And when I first heard it in August I really had no idea either.
I had never been into meditation. Even as someone that loves yoga, I spent my savasanas making checklists of everything that had to be done later. I took my first meditation class at Wanderlust a two years ago and I’m pretty sure I just took a nap. Fast forward to this year, David Ji led the meditation. I laid town on my mat (typical) but something he said at the beginning of our practice really stuck out to me. I wish I could remember what exactly he said but he brought up vibrating higher, and when we vibrate higher we are more in tune with the world around us and less trapped inside ourselves. And so I paid attention for the next 20 minutes intrigued at this idea of attracting good vibes by having good vibes.
Later that afternoon, while we were walking around the market we came across a store called Vibrate Higher, this is where I got my “calm is a superpower” tank so if you need one check it out! I don’t think the universe could have sent me a louder message. In her shop I saw a smudging kit specifically for vibrating higher (selenite crystal, palo santo wood, and mantra included) and I thought no better time than the present to start this journey.
And so far, it’s paid off! I think half the battle is believing that you are raising your vibration and that good things are coming to you.
So what does vibrating higher look like to me?
- Meditating: yes, the girl who used meditation as a nap time, now tries to meditate for at least a few breaths every day.
- Crystals: I use these with meditation or I put one in my pocket when I have exams as a way to remind myself to stay grounded and in the present.
- Smudging: I smudged my apartment before I moved in and I continue to smudge it every Sunday night to prep for the week ahead. I personally use palo santo wood but I keep learning about new things that have different values. Jut make sure where you get your palo santo wood from is ethically sourced!
- Exercising: whether it’s yoga or something else, I always feel better after moving.
- Youtube: I’ve started listening to high frequency playlists when I’m studying or need background music now.
- Breathing: I’ve started doing three part breathing after reading Yoga Mind by Suzan Colon earlier this year. I took a yoga class yesterday morning for the first time this year and she had joked with one of the participants don’t wince just breathe. And it had started as a light hearted comment but then she said, “imagine the world we would live in if instead of wincing people took a deep breath.” And that is going to be something I really try to incorporate into my life, every time something doesn’t go as planned I’m going to take a few deep breaths and send my energy to that place just as I would if I was in chair pose and my quads were on fire.
But this may not be what vibrating higher looks like for you! So start scouring the internet and find what makes you your best self!
The light in me honors the light in each of you, namaste.